LONDON – Nick Kyrgios played a nearly flawless second round match to upset 26th-seeded Filip Krajinovic. Kyrgios hit 50 winners and committed just 10 unforced errors in a sub-90-minute match.
"I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm pretty good,” Kyrgios said in his post-match interview.
Like Kyrgios, Frances Tiafoe, Alexander Bublik, and Steve Johnson all advanced in straight sets. The trio are one of a few players on the men’s side who have yet to drop a set in the tournament.
Caroline Garcia’s first appearance on Centre Court at Wimbledon proved to be a success after she defeated crowd favorite Emma Raducanu in straight sets. Garcia played dominating tennis, coming to the net 19 times, winning 79% of those points.
Former champion Angelique Kerber recorded her 120th win at a major with another straight-set victory. Kerber currently has an impressive streak of 51-straight Grand Slam appearances.
Jessica Pegula, Kaja Juvan, Tatjana Maria, Tiafoe, and Bublik are seeking their first second-week appearance at SW19. Tim Van Rijthoven and Marie Bouzkova have already recorded their career-best at this year’s Wimbledon.
Round 2 Results
-  Frances Tiafoe (USA) def. Maxilian Marterer, 6-2, 6-2, 7-6
- Alexander Bublik (KAZ) def. Dusan Lajovic, 7-6, 6-2, 7-5
- Nick Kyrgios (AUS) def.  Filip Krajinovic, 6-2, 6-3, 6-1
- Steve Johnson (USA) def. Ryan Peniston, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4
- Tim Van Rijthoven (NED) def.  Reilly Opelka, 6-4, 6-7, 7-6, 7-6
-  Jessica Pegula (USA) def. Harriet Dart, 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
-  Angelique Kerber (GER) def. Magda Linette, 6-3, 6-3
-  Elena Rybakina (KAZ) def. Bianca Andreescu, 6-4, 7-6
- Kaja Juvan (SLO) def. Dalma Galfi, 7-5, 6-3
- Marie Bouzkova (CZE) def. Ann Li, 6-0, 6-3
- Caroline Garcia (FRA) def.  Emma Raducanu, 6-3, 6-3
- Tatjana Maria (GER) def.  Sorana Cirstea, 6-3, 1-6, 7-5