Last Updated: 08/02/2021
Policy (collectively, our “Services”), contact our customer service team, or engage with us on social media.
the top of this policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to
informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Your California Privacy Rights
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you fill
out a form or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name,
email address, postal address, birth date, gender, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain
- Device and Usage Information:We collect information about how you access our Services,
including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version,
mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your
activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before
navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:We (and our service
providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your use of
our Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve
our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits.
Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and
in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more
information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make
inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver our website to you We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Respond to your sponsorship inquiries;
- Communicate with you about products and services, events offered by others, and provide news and information
that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section
below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal
activity and protect the rights and property of YONEX and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us,
such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, and marketing
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any
applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or
law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or
policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights,
property, and safety of YONEX, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice
or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of
company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among YONEX and our current and future parents, affiliates, and
subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may allow others to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf across the web and in mobile
about your use of our Services and other websites and applications, including your IP address, web browser, mobile
network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in mobile apps, links clicked, and conversion information.
This information may be used by YONEX and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the
popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other
websites, and better understand your online activity. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out
of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
YONEX is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States,
Japan, and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or
store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of
your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of
protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings
to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability
and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from YONEX by following the instructions in those communications. If
you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in
California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section
applies to you. The CCPA requires that we provide transparency about any personal information we “sell,” which
broadly means scenarios in which YONEX has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable
consideration. In the preceding 12 months, we have not “sold” your personal information.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights
and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our
(e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted
of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When
is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and
for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to
receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the
right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these
rights, please contact us.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to
lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection
Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html